Program Internship Opening
EcoFarm is offering an opportunity for a Program Intern to assist in the planning and organizing of the 39th annual Ecological Farming Conference, January 23 - 26, 2019. The ideal candidate will be able to juggle multiple projects at once and to meet high standards of accuracy and timeliness. EcoFarm Conference is the oldest and largest agricultural event in the West, and this position will have a hand the conference planning and take leadership on aspects of the conference production. EcoFarm is dedicated to providing the Program Intern with the support and oversight necessary to make the internship a valuable opportunity to acquire experience and training.
This is not a paid position. Hours are flexible, but preference will be given to someone who can commit to 10-18 hours per week.
- Work with EcoFarm staff to plan, promote, and administer the EcoFarm Conference programs including:
- Assisting in coordination of the EcoFarm Scholarship Program.
- Supporting the Program Coordinator in organizing speakers, workshops, and events.
- Working with the Communications team in editing documents for online and print media.
- Helping EcoFarm staff in management of all necessary details of the conference production schedule.
- Self-starter with demonstrated follow-through.
- Detail-oriented, especially with multiple streams of data.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to take direction from multiple staff members.
- Produce high quality work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Experience with CiviCRM, Google Docs, Google Spreadsheets, Google Drive and other applications.
- Mac computer experience.
- Database experience and IT knowledge a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
The ideal candidate will also:
- Attend and assist staff at the 39th annual EcoFarm Conference, from January 23 - 26, 2018 at the Asilomar Conference Grounds in Pacific Grove, CA.
- Have an interest in and commitment to EcoFarm’s mission in ecological agriculture.
This position reports to the Program Manager, works with all members of the EcoFarm team as needed, and is supervised by the Executive Director. To apply for this position please send a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three references to email@example.com.
The Ecological Farming Association nurtures healthy and just farms, food systems, communities and environment by bringing people together for education, alliance building and advocacy. To learn more visit our website at www.eco-farm.org
The Ecological Farming Association (EcoFarm) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Our policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.